My train collection

Фотографии моделей из наших коллекций.
Bruno Banani

Re: My train collection

#11 Непрочитанное сообщение Bruno Banani »

I would like to obility the location of the brake cylinder and the tags from it to the brake pads. Need a photo from the bottom.

Swede
Благодарил (а): 21 раз

#12 Непрочитанное сообщение Swede »

Here you go, my friend. The pictures are taken mostly in the order the cars were originally shown. There are some exceptions however. For example, all of the Roco A7 and B7 cars share the same undercarriage, and the same goes for the NMJ SJ cars regardless of type. Therefore i have chosen to represent those with one car each, the ones with the lightest colour. I will split this into two posts, one for passenger cars and one for freight.

First up, passenger cars, starting with the Lima F5. This is a very basic undercarriage, and i don't know exactly how accurate it is.
Изображение

Next up, Roco's A7/B7 undercarriage. It has the brake cylinders, but lacks the piping to the actual brakes.
Изображение

NMJ's generic SJ 1960's car undercarriage. Not entirely accurate for all cars, but this was done to cut the costs.
Изображение

The UGJ cars i own are actually kits, and their undercarriages are completely blank. No moulded details at all. Instead all are included as separate parts. The B3 kit has been completed with spare Roco parts, including a brake cylinder, to get a close to accurate look.
Изображение

The UGJ BF2 has only got the original UGJ parts, and therefore lacks a brake cylinder. I haven't added one either as i don't know where it's located.
Изображение

Roco's TKAB AFS2, purchased by TKAB from Germany. It's a standard Deutsche Bahn TEE/Rheingold AD4üm-62 car with no special modifications for the Swedish prototype.
Изображение

Roco's TKAB WL33, purchased by TKAB from Switzerland. Standard undercarriage for Roco's WLAB model.
Изображение

NMJ NSB B3 undercarriage.
Изображение

This is a specially modified Roco A7/B7 undercarriage.
Изображение
I don't always post in Russian, but when i do, i use Google Translate. :P

My Youtube channel.

Swede

#13 Непрочитанное сообщение Swede »

Freight cars.

First up, the NMJ DV30. I posted this with the passenger cars first, but as its undercarriage is incorrect for that model and instead correct for a Gbs or Gbr freight car, i added it here instead.
Изображение

NMJ Gbls.
Изображение

Trix Om.
Изображение

NMJ Oms.
Изображение

NMJ Lgjs/Lgns.
Изображение

Roco Hbbins.
Изображение

As i mentioned before, freight cars are not my strong side, so i don't know how accurate these are.

My Youtube channel.

Bruno Banani

#14 Непрочитанное сообщение Bruno Banani »

Thank you! exactly what I asked!!!

Swede

#15 Непрочитанное сообщение Swede »

No problem. I will make sure to include an undercarriage photo with every car i show from now on.

My Youtube channel.

Swede

#16 Непрочитанное сообщение Swede »

The subject for today is foreign passenger cars that have rolled in Sweden. At the moment i have three, and one of them has been shown earlier as it will be decaled to become a Swedish car, the TKAB/NSB B3. That leaves two models. And they are...

DSB B second class coach 51 86 20-80 312-3. These used to roll through Sweden from Trelleborg, via Malmö and Kornsjö, up to Oslo in Norway. However i will use it in my short Stockholm train, which will also include the other car in this post and two shown earlier. I don't even know if these cars ever went to Stockholm, but really, who cares? (Roco)
Изображение

Изображение

The second model is SZD WLABm 52 20 70-80 041-5, displaying the Moscow-Stockholm route. This has got to be one of my favorite models. It's a beautiful representation of an interesting piece of history. I actually wish this route was still around today. Oh well... (Tillig/NMJ)
Изображение

Изображение

The main reason for my purchase of these two models was this train that was shown when NMJ announced the release of their SZD sleepers:
Изображение

The train consists of an SJ type F electric locomotive, SZD WLABm sleeper, SJ AB3 first and second class coach, DSB B second class coach and SJ B5 second class coach. Its actually heading for Oslo, but as the NMJ models of the AB3 and B5 display Stockholm, and the DSB B model above displays nothing, i ordered the Stockholm version of the SZD sleeper. It's a small detail, but i think it looks better if all the destination signs show the same thing.

I do not yet own a locomotive of that type, but might purchase one later on. I might. I could however just as well pull this train with one of my Rc5's shown in post 1.

Anyway, that was all for today. I hope that atleast some of those reading this enjoyed it. In my next post i could either show some of my "Works in progress" or my British 00 gauge multiple units.
Последний раз редактировалось Swede Вт июн 19, 2018 7:31 am, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

My Youtube channel.

Swede

#17 Непрочитанное сообщение Swede »

Rule, Britannia! Yes, today i have chosen to show my fleet of British 00-gauge multiple units, all but one of which are two car sets.

First out is the Isle of Wight in the English Channel with its somewhat unique railway. Due to the low clearances in two tunnels along the route, normal sized rolling stock can not be used. Therefore the service is, since 1967, operated by former London Underground stock. First out on the island were the Class 485 and 486 units, also known as Standard Stock. They lasted until 1992 when they were replaced by the Class 483, or 1938 stock, which is still in use today, and will be for some time. These are the cars i will show now, and the first set displays the very first paint scheme the Class 483's wore on the island, the Network SouthEast sector livery, worn up to the early 2000's.
Изображение
Изображение
(I only have one powered chassis and one trailing chassis, currently under the NSE bodies. They had to give up their pickup shoes though due to clearance issues. Ironic.)

After the privatisation of British Rail in 1996 the Island Line came under the control of the Stagecoach Group. As mentioned earlier though the cars continued to carry the NSE colours until the early 2000's when they were overhauled and repainted as shown below. This was done, i believe, to "promote" the amount of fossils found on the Isle of Wight. However, this livery was a bit problematic as the dinosaurs and scenery were just large decals, causing salt water to get caught between the decals and the metal body. This obviously lead to corrosion issues. Since 2007 this has been solved in a very nice way, which i will explain in just a little while.
Изображение
Изображение

In 2003, while all the other units wore the dinosaur livery, one unit (007) was outshopped in a completely different look: a heritage London Underground livery, complete with cream window trim, authentic "No smoking" roundels and London Underground gold lettering. The look is somewhat spoiled by the yellow warning panels on the ends, but they still look beautiful. One other unit (009) was repainted shortly after 007 so a full red four car train could be run. Since 2008, however, all of the remaining cars have also been repainted red at the same time that the corrosion damage mentioned earlier was fixed. It may also have come as a result of South West Trains actually purchasing the trains in 2007. But only unit 007 has the roundels and gold lettering.
Изображение
Изображение

The undercarriage of the Class 483 models is not 100% accurate as the manufacturer, Exclusive First Editions, have used the standard 1938 stock undercarriage. Before the cars were sent out to the Isle of Wight a lot of modifications were made as the equipment from three cars had to be fitted to just two. Anyway, here it is:
Изображение

Next up is a very special London Underground car, 1959 stock Driving Motor 1030, in the 1920's heritage livery. A custom repainted EFE model, it was in real life one of seven cars, one three car unit and one four car unit, of 1959 stock painted in this livery to celebrate the Northern Line's 100th anniversary in 1990. I think it's just gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. At this moment i only have one of the cars. Will i add more? Only time will tell. More information on this train can be found here.
Изображение
Изображение

All of the EFE cars shown above are sold as stationary display models, but can be motorised.

Last but not least, a diesel! Yes, a diesel multiple unit this time. More specifically, a British Rail Class 101 in the Rail blue livery of the 1980's. Nothing too special about this one, really. I purchased it because i'm a fan of British trains, and i love diesels. These cars were in service from 1956 to 2003, the oldest ones at that time being 47 years old. The model is made by Bachmann.

Power car:
Изображение
Изображение
Изображение

Trailer:
Изображение
Изображение
Изображение

I hope you enjoyed reading this. I hope to soon have more to show you.
Последний раз редактировалось Swede Вт июн 19, 2018 7:34 am, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

My Youtube channel.

Swede

#18 Непрочитанное сообщение Swede »

Interest in this thread seems to have dropped rapidly, but either way, here is my very latest freight car. An SJ Hbis closed freight car, made by Hobbytrade, that fits perfectly in my 1980's and 1990's era freight train.
Изображение

I like the model, i think it looks very well made. There is one thing that bothers me though, and that is that the NEM coupler pockets are positioned differently, which results in two different coupling distances even with the same type of coupler. I compared it to my Nordwaggon car shown earlier, and you can see for yourself. It's the same cars, and the same couplers. I just turned the Hbis car.
Изображение

Изображение

Also, i have resumed work on one of my passenger car kits that i had put aside, and that should be mostly finished soon. For it to be 100% complete i would need some custom decals made.

Anyway, if anyone is still reading this, i hope you enjoy. I don't know when or what the next update will be.
Последний раз редактировалось Swede Вт июн 19, 2018 7:35 am, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

My Youtube channel.

Василий
Модератор
Благодарил (а): 330 раз
Контактная информация:

#19 Непрочитанное сообщение Василий »

Hey! It's always interesting which models are collected by someone from other countries :)
In der Grosse Familie nicht der клювом клац-клац!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Не натягивайте сову на глобус!

ddor

#20 Непрочитанное сообщение ddor »

Hej Swede! Very interesting thread for me even if I do not comment. Thanks for sharing!

Ответить

Вернуться в «Моя коллекция»