1435mm in Kaliningrad: services and rolling stock?

Ведем различные дискуссии и обсуждения
Swede
Благодарил (а): 20 раз

1435mm in Kaliningrad: services and rolling stock?

#1 Непрочитанное сообщение Swede »

A couple of days ago, I managed to get my hands on a Roco 72694, RZD M62-1360 in the Kaliningrad blue and white that it wore up to until 2011/2012. I have looked around a little, and found that it was a 1435mm gauge locomotive while it was in service. Didn't even realize before that that standard gauge existed in Kaliningrad.

This made a few questions come to mind. What kind of services ran to Kaliningrad at that point in time, mid to late 2000's, early 2010's? What were the destinations? What kind of rolling stock was used? The only coaches I've seen in pictures are the blue and white RZD RIC sleepers, but I have also seen a few pictures of PKP locomotives, so I'm a little curious if any foreign coaches ever entered the oblast?
I don't always post in Russian, but when i do, i use Google Translate. :P

My Youtube channel.

И.К.С.
Благодарил (а): 181 раз
Контактная информация:

Re: 1435mm in Kaliningrad: services and rolling stock?

#2 Непрочитанное сообщение И.К.С. »

https://vk.com/wall-81690306_6010
"1435 and 1520." This short article is about, perhaps, the most unique feature of the Kaliningrad railway - the presence of a gauge of two standards.
The European standard track 1435 mm is laid to the largest cities of the region - Chernyakhovsk and Kaliningrad. The 1520 mm gauge goes to Poland to the Braniewo and Skandava stations. Thanks to such infrastructure capabilities, the cargo goes through the border checkpoints Zheleznodorozhny - Skandava and Mamonovo - Branevo to Europe and back directly to the consignee's terminals along the entire length of the Russian Railways without intermediate rearrangement of wheel sets. In addition, the transportation of goods through the border crossing Zheleznodorozhny - Skandava is carried out according to a single CIM / SMGS consignment note. At the same time, time and delivery costs are saved due to the absence of the need to conclude additional agreements with participants in the transport process. Allows you to speed up the process of servicing Western European gauge cars and the terminal for the processing of container cargo created at the Chernyakhovsk station. Its capacity today is about 12,000 containers per year, and the potential can be increased one and a half times. In general, the resource of throughput and carrying capacity of the Kaliningrad railway hauls is 24-26 million tons of cargo per year.
Photos are attached, the authors are Leha and Dmitry Ivanovich. Thanks to our subscriber Maxim Fedorov for the idea.
Passenger trains to station "Kaliningrad-Passenger" and freight trains to "Dzerzhinsk-Novaya" and Chernyakhovsk station.
open railway map shows two Polish border crossing points: Braniewo-Mamonovo and Skandawa Zheleznodorozhny
https://www.openrailwaymap.org/?style=s ... 34&zoom=10

https://www.train-photo.ru/details.php?image_id=152814
https://railgallery.ru/photo/88236/?vid=14687
https://railgallery.ru/photo/182146/?vid=14687
now used as a recovery train simulator, used as a recovery train simulator, :(
https://railgallery.ru/photo/178109/?vid=14687
HOe.N.Z? . . G.Oe.HO! ПолHOля , эNка и кое-что ещё. Люблю У.Г.Ж.Д. особенно 13 версту и вообще 1 эпоху.
Изображение
Изображение
Изображение

Крок
Благодарил (а): 3 раза

#3 Непрочитанное сообщение Крок »

Swede писал(а):
Пн мар 27, 2023 1:51 am
A couple of days ago, I managed to get my hands on a Roco 72694, RZD M62-1360 in the Kaliningrad blue and white that it wore up to until 2011/2012. I have looked around a little, and found that it was a 1435mm gauge locomotive while it was in service. Didn't even realize before that that standard gauge existed in Kaliningrad.

This made a few questions come to mind. What kind of services ran to Kaliningrad at that point in time, mid to late 2000's, early 2010's? What were the destinations? What kind of rolling stock was used? The only coaches I've seen in pictures are the blue and white RZD RIC sleepers, but I have also seen a few pictures of PKP locomotives, so I'm a little curious if any foreign coaches ever entered the oblast?
Налицо явное неуважение к собеседникам с таким обращением, даже без элементарной попытки перевода гуглом. На мой взгляд, не стоило и отвечать было. Ну или ответ должен быть только на русском языке. Уважайте себя, коллеги!

Swede

#4 Непрочитанное сообщение Swede »

Крок писал(а):
Пн мар 27, 2023 1:38 pm
Налицо явное неуважение к собеседникам с таким обращением, даже без элементарной попытки перевода гуглом. На мой взгляд, не стоило и отвечать было. Ну или ответ должен быть только на русском языке. Уважайте себя, коллеги!
Не на 100% уверен, что этот ответ был действительно адресован мне, но, поскольку я не являюсь носителем русского языка, в прошлом меня просили писать на английском, поскольку Google Translate не всегда дает наилучшие результаты. Однако я пытался поискать в гугле и на этом форуме, специально искал Калининград и Калининградскую железную дорогу. И, да, я пробовал искать на русском языке. И, нет, я ничего не нашел, пока искал себя. Я не имел в виду неуважение, когда писал этот пост на английском языке.

My Youtube channel.

Василий
Модератор
Благодарил (а): 328 раз
Контактная информация:

#5 Непрочитанное сообщение Василий »

2 Swede - Two maps with tracks types (1520/1435).
scale_2400.jpg
1056_karta_13.jpg
Yep, that was reply to you :) But as we said before, better to use english because google translations sometimes are so ugly.
Возможность писать сообщения на других языках зафиксирована в правилах. Так как машинный перевод с английского на русский зачастую теряет детали и искажает смысл. Конкретно пользователя Swede, мы действительно просили писать на английском, Как раз по вышеозвученной причине. Никакого отношения к уважению или самоуважению данный вопрос не имеет. Этот вопрос закрыт и не обсуждается.
In der Grosse Familie nicht der клювом клац-клац!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Не натягивайте сову на глобус!

Swede

#6 Непрочитанное сообщение Swede »

Спасибо большое for the information provided so far. :)

I am a little confused though. Two maps show two border crossings with 1435mm gauge, but one map shows three of them, the difference being a crossing between Bagrationovsk and Bartoszyce. On Wikipedia it's mentioned that the connection there has been removed, and looking at the map И.К.С. posted it looks like the 1435mm gauge track was removed entirely between Kaliningrad and Bagrationovsk. Which makes sense if there's no traffic using the track. Did this happen recently? The passenger trains on this line, if there were any, where did they go?

My Youtube channel.

Ответить

Вернуться в «Основной»